Passage at San Mateo will build on the neighborhood’s commitment to environmental sustainability, open spaces, sense of community, and support for local artists:
- The project reduces daily car trips by 25% over the allowable land use for the site.
- Similar projects have proven to boost walking, bicycling, and public transit ridership.
- Passage will add over 3 acres of public parks
- The Hub is the intersection of life at the Passage. A public park for community activities invites all the residents of San Mateo to a place of social connection.
- Public art will be featured prominently throughout the project and the open space areas, featuring local artists.
- Passage will provide a home for the Peninsula Ballet Theatre including 4,600 square feet of commercial space on Concar Drive and an additional 3,100 square feet of performance space.